Your child’s birthday is one of their most special days. As parents, we want our kid birthday parties to be the most memorable for our child, while we can also enjoy the moment and take an active part in creating it.
But how?! Where do we even begin? How do we throw a birthday party that’s so special without having to throw away so much money?! And if we don’t pay for entertainer or a special venue, how will we entertain the kids without losing our minds? How will we decorate? What will they eat? All these questions and so many more immediately spring up.
First thing to do is set a date for the party. Now breathe :-).
Here, on this site, together with our community of creative Moms and Dads, we’ll help you answer all of those questions. All you need to do (after setting the date as far in advance as possible) is decide together with your child what sort of birthday party you want to throw.
It can be a theme party based on a certain character, book, TV show, idea, concept or anything else your child comes up with. Or, it can be a birthday party without a specific theme. Whatever appeals to your child and, not any less important, whatever appeals to you. We’ve organized the ideas on this site into neatly arranged, complete step-by-step themes.
Kid Birthday Parties by Age
- 1st Birthday Parties
- Ages 2-4 Toddler Birthday Parties
- Ages 5-7 Birthday Parties for Kids
- Ages 8-12 Kid Birthday Themes
- All Themed Kid Birthday Party Ideas – If you don’t have a specific theme in mind, just browse all the theme parties to spark ideas.
Popular Kid Birthday Theme Parties
- Pirate Birthday Party – This swashbuckling theme party has been a child’s-favorite since the dawn of themed-birthday parties…
- Princess Birthday Party – Once upon a time, a little girl wished to be a Princess and have the most enchanting birthday party…
- Dinosaur Birthday Party – Children are mesmerized by Jurassic times and this theme party will give you some dino-mite ideas…
- Sesame Street and Elmo Birthday Party – This theme is a favorite amongst toddlers and is brought to you by the letter “C” (for Coolest)….
- Free Scavenger Hunt Ideas – You’ll find a list-full of free scavenger hunt ideas right here on this page!
- Tea Birthday Party – Would you like a biscuit and a spot of really cool tea birthday party ideas for your kid’s next party?
Popular Visitor-Submitted “Party Tales”
- Bootcamp Birthday Party – Kimberly from Arizona went all out and surprised her 7-year-old son with an awesome bootcamp party…
- Yellow Submarine Party -Patty’s from Chicago gave her Beatles-obsessed 3-year-old a Beatles bash he will never forget…
- Tea Birthday Party – A big DIY fan, Marissa from Australia put together this most artistically-crafted Tea party for her 7-year-old daughter…
- Lego Star Wars Party – Lisa from Arizona combined her son’s love for LEGO and Star Wars into this fun and original theme party…
- All Party Tales – Take a look at all the visitor submitted kid birthday party ideas.
And even if you can’t find that one theme you’re after, many of the ideas can be adapted with a bit of creativity. So just mix-and-match ideas and turn them into your own custom theme. Just remember that the ideas you’ll find here have AWESOME potential, but they need a few very special ingredients:
Your creativity, your time, your energy and your ENTHUSIASM!
The most important thing to remember is that, YES, you can throw the coolest birthday party for your child – and you can do it on your own better than anyone else!
If you have any questions, we and our Facebook community are always happy to give a helping hand and offer a creative birthday party idea. So just post to our Facebook Page and we’ll be on the lookout to help you out.