Coolest Rainbow First Birthday Idea
Just invite Roy G Biv to this cool first birthday idea and you’ve got it made… Who?! Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-Violet… ;-)
For this fun-filled and colorful first birthday idea, you can mix-and-match solid color plates, napkins, cups, plasticware, etc.
You’ll find a bunch of cool rainbow accessories and party items here:
For a cool invitation, cut out semi-circles and color in all the stripes of the rainbow. Then on the back write all the needed information with different colored markers. Here are printable rainbow invitations:
You can write something like “Somewhere over the rainbow…. There’s a party! So come celebrate baby’s name 1st birthday on date”. Add location, time, RSVP, etc. You can ask your guests to dress in different solid colors, as in all blue or all red etc.
You can also write: “Catch a ride on a cloud and follow the rainbow to Jennifer’s 1st birthday… Don’t forget to wear your favorite color!”.
Another cool rainbow invitation idea is to use a picture of a rainbow with a cloud on the end. On the front of the invite (in the cloud), it can say “All the colors of the rainbow…” and the inside page can say, “…and so much more!” with party details to the side of it. Also – ask each guest to come dressed in a designated rainbow color. That way you can make sure all of the colors of the rainbow will be at the party :-).
For this fun first birthday idea, decorate the party area with colorful balloons and streamers. To create colorful two-tone streamers, put two different-colored streamers back-to-back and twist them together.
On the table itself you can put large sheets of paper and crayons so that the older kids can draw on their placemats. Here are some printabe rainbow decorations:
You can change the light bulbs of all the lamps around the party area to colored lights. Another cool first birthday idea is to put different colored cellophane paper on each window, and you will see that the whole party room will be full of different colors (it can come out very beautiful).
Take a look at all the coolest homemade Rainbow costumes.
Rainbow Icebreaker Activities
Give all the youngsters coloring books and crayons, markers, pastels, etc. to color in. They can later take them as party gifts.
Hand out colored chalk and let the older kids draw their heart’s desire on the sidewalk or any other designated are. This is always lots of fun.
Fruit Loop Necklaces
For youngsters, this is a safer way to make necklaces. Buy the Fruit Loop cereal, get some colorful yarn, and let the parents and children make colorful edible necklaces.
Another fun-filled rainbow first birthday idea is the rainbow bottle. Get several different densities of liquid (oil, water, alcohol, etc) and use food coloring to die each one a different color. Put these in a bottle (oil then water then alcohol) and let the kids play. Hot glue the tops so the rainbow doesn’t spill on your floor.
Homemade Rainbow Cakes
Take a look at all the coolest homemade Rainbow birthday cakes.
Here’s a colorful rainbow first birthday cake idea:
Prepare and bake a round cake according to directions on the package. Once the cake is completely cooled off, cut in half so that you have two semi-circles. Then frost the top of one of the semi-circles and place the other semi-circle on top of it. Place the double layered cake on a cake board. Frost the top of the cake in a rainbow pattern. Then frost the cut (straight) part with any color frosting you choose. Gently tip the cake so that the cut edge is placed on the cake board (so that the rainbow is standing). Sprinkle edible glitter on the top edge of the cake. You can also add whip cream at the base of the rainbow for a cloud.
Another cool Rainbow first birthday idea is to serve individual rainbow cupcakes or put colorful ice cream (Breyers makes rainbow ice cream!) in different colored ice cream cones. And, why not serve colorful popsicles? Or even make rainbow popsicles on your own by freezing layers of different colored juices.
Rainbow Party Food and Drink
First Birthday Idea for Food
- Colored Bread: If you bake your own bread you can make the bread any color you like with food coloring. You can use the colored bread for neat rainbow sandwiches and use all sorts of colored spreads (like peanut butter, jam, etc…)
- Rainbow Kebabs: You don’t need to spend lots of time peeling and chopping to make these colorful fruit kebabs, an excellent first birthday idea for healthy food. Instead of purchasing whole fruits, you can buy a container of sliced or cubed fruit from the salad bar section of your supermarket. You’ll need 6 to 8 pieces per skewer. Firm fruits such as melon, pineapple, kiwi and oranges work well. For the skewers, you can simply use plastic drinking straws. To make each kebab, pinch the end of a straw and push it through a piece of fruit. Slide the fruit to the other end of the straw. Add more fruit to fill the skewer with a range of colors. Individually cover each kebob with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Rainbow Fruit Salad: Another healthy first birthday idea (also using fruit) is to chop up a big salad using different colored fruits.
First Birthday Idea for Drinks
- Colorful Ice Cubes: Just drip different color food coloring in each tray and freeze. Or, instead of food coloring you can use different colored juices. It would be best to serve these cubes in something clear, as in sprite, 7up, water, etc.
Tip: Licorice sticks make fun straws too!!
First Birthday Idea for Treats
- Colorful candies like M&M’s, skittles, starburst, gumballs, etc.
- Color-coordinated rainbow Jell-O squares: For this first birthday idea, choose the flavors of Jell-O that best match your color scheme (you can use as many as seven different flavors). Prepare the first flavor, pour the mixture into a square pan and refrigerate. When this first layer is completely set, prepare the next flavor, pour the mixture into the square pan over the first flavor and refrigerate. Again, allow the Jell-O to cool and set completely before adding additional flavors, one at a time, following the same directions. After the final flavor has cooled and set completely, cut the Jell-O into squares and serve in a clear dish to show off the beautiful rainbow colors. AWESOME!
Rainbow Games and Activities
Here’s a whole page with the coolest Rainbow party games, such as:
- Make a Rainbow
- Circle Time Find
- Color Match
- A Colorful Guess
- Skittle Nose Relay
- Pot of Gold Hunt
- and many more (including visitor-submitted game ideas)…
You should also read these VERY important tips to help you survive (and enjoy) game time!