One of the coolest 1st birthday party ideas is the Teddy Bear theme.
Here are some cool "bear necessities" (i.e., bear party supplies) to check out:
Teddy Bear Invitations
Here's one of the cutest 1st birthday party ideas for invitations. Dress your baby up in a baby bear costume. Take their photo, print it out and add something like: "A "beary" special baby is turning 1... Join us for some birthday fun!" You can even ask everyone to bring their favorite teddy bear.
Here are free printable bear-shaped invitations you can print out:
Teddy Bear Decorations
Scatter lots of stuffed teddy bears around the party area (you can even use them as table centerpieces).
Here are some cool teddy bear 1st birthday party ideas for decorations:
Set up a cave area in the corner. Rolls of brown paper work well for this and you can attach it to the wall or furniture in the room. Place all sorts of toys in the cave and let the babies and kids explore.
Some more teddy bear 1st birthday party ideas for setting the scene can include honey jars scattered around the party area and buzzing paper bees hanging from the ceiling (with clear fishing line).
Encourage everyone to bring their own teddy bear and join the fun. For an instant decoration, attach helium filled balloons to each guest's bear.
Homemade Teddy Bear Cakes
Check out the cool Teddy Bear theme party cake ideas on coolest-birthday-cakes.com, the Web's largest gallery of homemade birthday cakes. You'll find thousands of cakes submitted by visitors like yourself with photos and how-to tips.
Teddy provides us with some of the best 1st birthday party ideas for cakes. To prepare a teddy bear face cake, make a round cake and add to cupcakes for the ears, and one cupcake for the protruding mouth area. Frost everything with cream or chocolate frosting. Then add a black licorice stick for the semi-circle mouth and two raisins or any other round candy for the eyes.
You can also choose to make a teddy bear (with a body) cake. Use two round cakes, one for the head and another for the body, six cupcakes (two for the ears, two for the hands, and two for the feet). Again, frost everything and use candies to decorate and black licorice for the claws.
And here's another one of the cutest 1st birthday party ideas for cakes… Cub cakes :-)
Teddy Bear Party Food and Drink
Coolest 1st Birthday Party Ideas for Food
- Peanut-Bear and Jelly sandwiches: Use a teddy bear cookie cutter to cut finger sandwiches (first cut the bread and then spread the P&J so you don't get a misshaped blob). You can also choose other tasty spreads, like honey.
- Bearries: Strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, and all sorts of other berries.
Coolest 1st Birthday Party Ideas for Drinks:
- Honey Bear Punch: All bears love honey! Mix 2 quarts lemonade, 3 quarts unsweetened pineapple juice, and 2/3 cup honey.
- Honey Ice Cubes: kids love sucking on ice, so make special ice cubes by adding a few drops of honey into ice cube tray compartments, add water and freeze.
Coolest 1st Birthday Party Ideas for Treats:
- Teddy bear shaped Jell-O jigglers and finger fruits (which can be cut with bear cookie cutters).
- Gummy Bears and other bear shaped treats (available at the supermarket).
- Honey Straws: You can buy these at the supermarket, or make them on your own by pinching the end of a straw, heating for an instant with a lighter, then pinching together the end to close one side. Then pour in the honey (with a syringe) and seal off the top end. If the little kids don't have teeth yet, cut a bit of the top off so they can suck out the honey.
- Honeycomb Cereal
- Teddy Bear Trail Mix: mini Chocolate Teddy Grahams, mini white marshmallows, honey roasted peanuts, baby blue and white M&Ms, dried berries, mini pretzels coated with melted white chocolate tinted with blue food coloring (or the color you choose for your party). You could add/change the mix using raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, Honey nut cheerios, other flavors of Teddy Grahams.
Teddy Bear Games and Activities
If you'll be having a number of older kids, or want to add some excitement with the parents, here's an entire page with the coolest ideas for Teddy Bear birthday party games, such as:
- Teddy Bear Bean Bag Toss
- Story Time with Teddy
- Teddy Bear - Teddy Bear
- Bear Hunt
- and many more (including visitor-submitted game ideas)...
You should also read these VERY important tips to help you survive (and enjoy) game time!
Your Teddy Bear Parties and Ideas
Some of our visitors have gone the extra mile and written up their complete Teddy Bear party story with photos and everything they did. We call these stories "Party Tales" and they serve as a great inspiration! Take a peek at other people's Teddy Bear theme Party Tales and you're sure to find lots more outstanding Teddy Bear 1st birthday party ideas:
If you'd like share your complete party with us, then once your party is over, send us your own PARTY TALE and we'll create your very own theme party page and photo gallery that's hosted on our site! (Family, friends and just about anybody will be able to find inspiration from your child's birthday party and comment on YOUR ideas!)